Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I will no longer be updating this blog since all updates, calendar events, and other information will be available on the website. Photos of workdays can be uploaded to the Facebook page, and Crew members can send messages to one another on there as well.
In a few weeks, this blog will go away and will, hopefully, be replaced with a link to the new website.
As for now, this will be the last update on here.
See you all on the trails and at www.crozettrailscrew.org !!!
Friday, April 22, 2011
We now have a REAL website and a Facebook page AND a new contact email (thank you Angela Li!!!). Please check them all out!
I will continue to post updates to this blog until I fully get a handle on updating the website (a week or so, maybe?). At that point, this blog will no longer be used. When you go to this web address, it will tell you the new address for the website. I will send out more information about that later.
Here are the links:
Facebook page-- Crozet Trails Crew
Email address-- firstname.lastname@example.org
The CCAC meeting to discuss walking and biking to schools has been rescheduled to May 19th. Please mark your calendars!
Thanks everyone-- hope to see you all soon-- check the calendar for upcoming events.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
CROZET TRAILS CREW meeting
Trailside Coffee, Crozet
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
· Agenda Review (Jessica Mauzy)
· Introductions if new people are present (Name, interest in the Trails Group)
· Updates from “Action Items” from last meeting *
· Discussion of Building (Labor) activities:
o Grayrock workday (Eric)
o Discoveries and next steps for the Lickinghole Greenway
· Discussion of Planning (Logistics) activities:
o Crozet Trails Day- (committee?) CTC run/bike event (David O., Kim A.) –WAHS Cross Country coaches?
o T-shirts- design and sponsors
o Website unveiled?
o CCAC meeting preparation- next Thursday!
· Next steps-
o Next Group meeting – Thursday, May 12th (Jessica Mauzy)
· Adjourn __________________________________________________________________________________ *Action Items (from March):
Dan M.- meet with Cory Farms HOA to discuss trail
Scott H.- Investigate local Scout Troops for partnering options
Jessica M.- Work with Angela on the website
Jessica M.-Work with Leslie on the T-shirt design, begin looking for sponsors
Mike G.- Other PTO meetings, contact ACCT?
Jessica M.- contact Grayrock HOA and organize a workday
Jessica M.- Give more fliers to Mike G.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Yes, even if it is cold!
We'll warm you up with good old-fashioned trail work.
See you there!
Friday, March 18, 2011
1. We will have a CTC workday next Saturday, March 26th, at Beaver Creek reservoir (Henley Hornets Trail). We will be checking the trail for any maintenance issues, putting up a few signs, clearing, and investigating the stream crossings. Please meet at the parking lot at 9am. Bring tools if you'd like, and bring friends and family. This will be a great workday for kids as well.
2. The Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) met last night and we have decided that the April CCAC meeting (Thursday, April 21st) will be dedicated to the topic of walking and biking to the local schools. This will be a great meeting to attend if you have any interest in the topic. I will send out more information to the CTC in mid-April. Mark your calendars.
3. We would like to plan a day to begin the lower portion of the Grayrock Ponds access trail. It is very important that we get buy-in and assistance from the Grayrock community. If you live in Grayrock and are interested in helping (or know someone who would like to help), please let me know. We'd like to plan this event for a weekend in mid-May. It will take several workdays to complete, likely spread out over a few months.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Please see the most recent Meeting Minutes by clicking on the tab above. Some exciting news!!
Next workday- Saturday, March 26. Details to follow.